Seedball Seed Bombs | Tin of 20 Seedballs
These little Seed Bombs are remarkable.
A revolutionary way to create entire wildflower gardens and vast meadows from just a small ball of seeds! Each seed bomb contains a mini ecosystem of British wildflower seeds mixed with clay, peat-free compost and a sprinkle of chilli powder, all rolled up into a little ball. And each of these seedballs contains all the nutrients and minerals they need, so that when a sufficient amount of rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate and will transform into a beautiful array of your chosen wildflower. Now the clever bit. To aid the growth of your chosen combinations of seeds the dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants, mice and birds), and the chilli powder continues to deter these predators while the seed bomb slowly degrades and the seeds sprout. Seed bombs make a lovely gardening gift for nature-lovers, avid gardeners and keen conservationists alike, they're great if you’re having trouble growing plants or just getting started in your garden.
Seed Balls are a part of a much larger eco-social enterprise.
Project MAYA is a remarkable organisation working to build a global network of reserves. Conservation is very important to us, even outside in your back garden you can contribute to conserving stunning wildflowers and the buzz of natures wildlife. UK gardens are one of the most important havens for wildlife ñ totalling about 270,000 hectares: an area larger than all the designated National Nature Reserves combined! So here with Seed Ball we bring to you a fun, practical and efficient way to help fill these gardens with beautiful wildlife and create biodiversity without costing the earth.
We have 9 varieties to choose form in our seed bomb range. Each handy tin contains at least 20 seed balls. Choose from a colourful selection of:
- Poppy - A tin of 20 common poppy seed balls. Common poppy is a cornfield annual with large red flowers and blackish centres, which flowers between June and August. Each seed ball contains approximately 200 poppy seeds. This mix is best scattered in the autumn.
- Urban Meadow Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a mix of native wildflowers perfect for gardens and parks. This colourful combination of annuals and perennials was developed in collaboration with River of Flowers, an organisation that promotes urban wildflower habitat creation. Each seed ball contains approximately 100 urban meadow mix seeds. This mix is best scattered in the spring or autumn.
- Butterfly Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls with a selection of native wildflower seeds aimed to attract butterflies. This mix uses only wildflower species recommended by Butterfly Conservation as suitable nectar plants for butterflies. Each seed ball contains approximately 150 butterfly mix seeds. This mix is best scattered in the spring or autumn.
- Bee Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a selection of bee-friendly native wildflower seeds. This mix uses only wildflower species recommended by the Bumblebee Conservation Trust, that are rich in pollen and nectar which bees can easily access from spring until late summer. Each seed ball contains approximately 100 bee mix seeds. This mix is best scattered in the spring or autumn.
- Cloud Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a selection of beautiful white-flowering native wildflowers that attract the buzz of bees and elegant butterflies. Cloud Meadow Mix includes a combination of early and late flowering plants. Each seed ball contains approximately 150 cloud meadow seeds. This mix is best scattered in spring or autumn.
- Sky Meadow Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a lovely selection of blue-flowering native wildflowers that are massively beneficial to bees and butterflies. Each seed ball contains approximately 75 sky meadow seeds. This mix is best scattered in spring or autumn.
- Herb Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a delicious selection of herbs including, Basil, Sweet Marjoram, Chives, Dill and Parsley (curly leaved). Each seed ball contains approximately 100 herb mix seeds. Sprouts are seen in 1-2 weeks and regular watering can speed up the process! Ideal gardens of all sizes, planting pots and window boxes. Scatter from spring through to the end of summer.
- Salad Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a collection of fresh salad leaves including, Rocket, Greek Cress, Red Mustard, Russian Kale and Green Mustard. Each seed ball contains approximately 20 salad seeds. Sprouts are seen in 1-2 weeks and regular watering can speed up the process! Ideal for garden beds, planting pots and window boxes. Scatter from spring through to the end of summer.
- Tea Mix - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a collection of wildflower and herbal tea plants that taste great alone or as an infusion of flavours together. The mix includes Chamomile, Mint and Anise. Each seed ball contains approximately 100 tea mix seeds. Ideal for garden beds, planting pots and window boxes. Can be scattered spring through to the end of summer.
"Think about it. A whole habitat in a tiny clay ball." - Masanobu Fukuoka -
- Product Size: H1 x W1 x D1 cm
- Product Weight: 0 g
- Boxed Product Size: H7 x W7 x D2.4 cm
- Boxed Product Weight: 54 g
All orders received before 4pm will be dispatched the same day (Mon-Fri).
*FREE Delivery - Spend over £40.00 (2 - 3 Working Days)
Standard Delivery - £3.99 (2 - 3 Working Days)
Next Day Delivery - £6.99 (Next Working Day, order before 4pm)
International Delivery - Drop us an email at Hello@TheDiscoveryStore.co.uk with your address and what you would like to order, and we'll get you a quote within 24 hours
We're really confident you're going to love the products you order as much as we do, but in the unlikely event that you want to return a product, we offer FREE returns on everything and a 30-day money back guarantee. Just return your goods within the 30-day slot and we’ll happily replace, refund or exchange them for you right away.
For more information on our FREE returns, and how to return your order, please visit our Returns page.